1. Rathinasabhapathi Environmental Rural Development Organisation (RERO), Namakkal The NGO started in 1997 is working in the blocks of Namakkal, Sendamangalam, Paramathi, Kabilarmalai, and Puduchathiram blocks of Namakkal district of Tamil Nadu. It has been forming SHGs since 2000. It has become a partner NGO of Tamilnadu Women Development Corporation since 2003. In addition to development of women and children, the NGO is also associated with Watershed and wasteland development projects in Namkkal, Salem, Dharmapuri and Perambalur districts.
2. Community Development Society (CDS), Hosur, Krishnagiri district is an NGO approved by Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women (Also known as Mahalir Thittam). It was registered under TN Societies Act in 1997. It has promoted nearly 450 SHGs in 4 Blocks of Krisnagiri district and helped them get credit linked with various banks. It has imparted training to SHG members in SHG principles, book keeping, awareness programmes, income generation activities, etc. It is acting as Business Correspondent of NABFINS in Krishnagiri district of Tamil Nadu. Fifty seven SHGs have been financed by NABFINS through this arrangement.
3. Rural Unit for Health and Family Welfare, Bangalore is a registered voluntary organization working in the urban and peri-urban areas of Bangalore. It is acting as Business Correspondent of NABFINS in Bangalore district of Karnataka. It has formed a large number of SHGs in the slums of Bangalore and has previously worked as channel partner of Janalakshmi Financial Services Limited.
4. Institute for Youth and Development (IYD) is an NGO working for last 12 years in 5 districts of Karnataka, viz. Tumkur, Kolar, Bangalore (Rural), Chikkaballapur and Shimoga. It is involved in organizing and working with the deprived classes of rural community. IYD work with development departments of the State Government like the Watershed Development Dept., Women & Child Welfare Dept, Agriculture Dept., etc. It is implementing watershed development under Sujala Project of the State Govt in 3 sub watersheds one each in Tumkur, Chikkaballapur and Kolar districts. It is implementing National Watershed Development Project for Rainfed Areas in Aralahalli watershed of Pavgada Taluk. It has also implemented many community based Tank Management Projects. It has also implemented projects for improving energy efficiency of chulhas, irrigation pump sets, etc. The NGO has formed several SHGs in Tumkur district of Karnataka including 22 men SHGs. IYD has also formed 5 Farmers’ Clubs in Pavagada Taluk under NABARD’s Farmers’ Club Programme.
5. People’s Organisation for Wasteland and Environment Regeneration (POWER), Bijapur is a Society registered under the Karnataka State Societies Registration Act 1960. The main objectives are to promote SHGs, encourage peoples' participation in Sustainable Natural Resource Management etc. They are acting as Business Correspondent of NABARD Financial Services Limited (NABFINS) in Athani Taluk of Belgaum district and B.Bagewadi Taluk of Bijapur district. POWER is also facilitating implementation of two NABARD assisted watersheds in Athani Taluk of Belgaum district.
6. Society for Women & Child Development (SWCD) is an NGO based in Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu. It was established in March, 2003 and has formed and nurtured more than 500 SHGs in Krishnagiri & Bargur blocks of Krishnagiri district and Kandily & Jolarpet blocks of Vellore district. It is engaged in SHG formation, training and capacity building. It has imparted entrepreneurship development & skill training to youth in its area of operation. It is acting as the Business Correspondent of NABFINS in Krishnagiri & Bargur blocks of Krishnagiri District.
7. Social Welfare & Rural Development Society (SWARDS), Kurihalli, Madhugiri Taluk of Tumkur district in Karnataka is an NGO established in 2000 which has formed nearly 300 SHGs. It is implementing Self Help Promoting Institution project for forming 50 SHGs from NABARD. In addition to SHG formation and support, the NGO is engaged in promoting organic farming, sustainable agriculture,skill upgradation training, financial inclusion, etc. It is acting as the Business Correspondent of NABFINS in Madhugiri taluk of Tumkur District.
8. Karnataka Integrated Development Society (KIDS), is an NGO working in Madhugiri Taluk of Tumkur district of Karnataka which was registered in 1994. It has participated in Swashakthi Project being implemented by Karnataka Women Development Corporation, Karnataka community based tank management project, Sujala watershed of Govt of Karnataka, smokeless chulha programme of CAPART. It has formed more than 150 SHGs. It is acting as the Business Facilitator of NABFINS in Madhugiri taluk of Tumkur District.
9. Social Action for Rural Development Association (SARDA),,Mudhol, Bagalkot district, is an voluntary NGO registered under Karnataka State Societies’ Act, 1960, in 1997. SARDA is engaged in social activities beneficial to the community like vocational trainings in various trades; has undertaken projects relating to health, hygiene/sanitation, child labor prevention, women counseling for family dispute resolutions. The NGO has also undertaken formation/training of SHGs under SHPI programme of NABARD.
10. Social Education Activity for Rural Child Health (SEARCH), is an NGO,head quartered in Kamatagi of Bagalkot district operating in Bagalkot, Bijapur and Gadag districts of Karnataka; registered under Karantaka State Societies’ Registration Act,1960 in 1997 with a mission to work with marginalized sections of society; the dalits, tribal women/children towards their empowerment by formation of people organizations as a strategy for empowerment and development. SEARCH, in the process, has formed more than 1000 SHGs.
11. The Rural Economic Agriculture Development Society (READS),, Holavanahalli, KoratgereTaluk of Tumkur District (Karnataka) is a society registered under Societies’ Registration Act XXI, 1860 of Andhra Pradesh, during 1995. Among various community based activities, the READS has been forming / promoting SHGs under SHPI program of NABARD.
12. Sarvodaya Mahila & Grameena Abhivriddhi Samasthe: [Sarvodayav Women & Rural Development ] (SWORD), is an NGO registered under KSR Act, 1960 in November and is head quartered T Jamkhandi (BagalkotDt). They are committed to social service and women's welfare and began rehabilitation of Devdasis in the district and made distinct impact on living conditions of Devadasis. They expanded the activities in the area of education, health and livelihood promotions. It has contributed greatly in creating awareness among the rural women in terms of SHG formation and its advantages. The NGO has been in Watershed project (NABARD), Bio-Diversity Project, IGA Training support etc.
13. Franciscan Sisters of Mary, Hosdurga (NISARGA): is a Trust registered on July 30, 2001 working in HosdurgaTaluk of Chitradurga district of Karnataka. It has formed 257 SHGs since 1998 till 2010 in HosdurgaTaluk. All the SHGs have been savings linked. Only 207 SHGs have been credit linked. It has provided handholding support to the SHGs since formation and is involved in developing sustainability of Community Based Organisations. It is implementing 4 NABARD watershed projects in HosdurgaTaluk. It is also involved in implementation of rural heath, hygiene, sanitation, rural marts, project for plantation of one crorepongemia plants in Chitradurga district (vananjali project), Farmers’ Clubs, income generation activity training, etc.
14. Abhivruddi Society for Social Development located at 4th Cross, Mahalakshmi Nagar, Gubbi – 572 216, Tumkur District is operating for the past 18 years in 5 districts, viz., Tumkur, Hassan, Bellary, Bagalkot and Bangalore with 5 offices. It is engaged in formation of SHGs since 1995. It has formed nearly 400 SHGs in its area of operation. It has imparted capacity building training to SHG members. It is also implementing three watershed projects of NABARD in ChannarayapatnaTaluk of Hassan district.
15. PRACHODANA (Centre for Social Service) has been engaged with SHG formation, capacity building and bank linkage, among other activities, for more than 15 years. Prachodana is implementing NABARD Watersheds in Hassan district. The NGO has experience as BC of HDFC Bank Ltd. The NGO has been appointed as BC for NABFINS in Holenarasipura & Arakalagudu taluks of Hassan district of Karnataka with effect from Dec 22, 2010.
16. Centre for Education and Environmental Development (CEED), Sathyamangalam, Erode is a Non Governmental Organization which is engaged in promotion of SHGs in Sathyamangalam and Bhavanisagar blocks of Erode district, Tamil Nadu since 1999. The NGO is closely associated with Tamil Nadu Women’s Development Corporation. It is working as Business Correspondent of NABFINS in Sathyamangalam and Bhavanisagar blocks of Erode district, Tamil Nadu since January 2011.
17. Kisan Bharati Trust, Sindhanur, Raichur District, Karnataka Kisan Bharati Trust, Sindhanur, Raichur District, Karnataka is a Non Governmental Organization which is engaged in promotion of SHGs in Sindhanur Taluk of Raichur district since 2001. The NGO is implementing programmes like savayav gram, goshala development programme, Farmers' Clubs & Souharda co-operative societies of farmers, etc. It is working as Business Correspondent of NABFINS in Sindhanur Taluk of Raichur district since January 2011.
18. Sajjalashree Samagra Krishi Adhyayana & Grameena Abhivruddhi Samsthe, Lingsugur, Raichur District, Karnataka Sajjalashree Samagra Krishi Adhyayana & Grameena Abhivruddhi Samsthe, Lingsugur, Raichur District, Karnataka is a Non Governmental Organization which is engaged in promotion of SHGs in Lingsugur Taluk of Raichur district since 2004. It has been sanctioned and is implementing a programme for promotion & linkage of 200 SHGs. The NGO is implementing Integrated Watershed Development Management Project, Santekellur & Bagalgudda Watershed Development Programmes under Watershed Development Fund, Pilot Project on System of Rice Intensification and Banjara women handicraft project under AHVY. It is implementing one Village Development Programme in Hungund Taluk of Bagalkot district. It is working as Business Correspondent of NABFINS in Lingsugur Taluk of Raichur district since January 2011.
19. Sarvodaya Integrated Rural Development Society, Kushtagi, District: Koppal Sarvodaya Integrated Rural Development Society, Kushtagi, District: Koppal is an NGO engaged in SHG formation, training and hand holding for the past 13 years. It is implementing 2 watershed development projects with assistance from Watershed Development Fund. The NGO has formed 78 women SHGs.
20. Shubhodaya Rural Education and Welfare Society, Hanamasagar, Taluk: Kushtagi, District: Koppal Shubhodaya Rural Education and Welfare Society, Hanamasagar, Taluk: Kushtagi, District: Koppal is an NGO established in 2001. It has formed 76 women SHGs.
21. Surabhi Mahila Sangha, Hubli is an NGO established in 1995, registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960. It has been engaged in promotion of rural livelihood programmes, child education, conduct of awareness programmes, formation of SHGs, etc. It has won the Kittur Rani Channamma award from the Govt of Karnataka in 2010.
22. Centre for Tribal and Rural Development Trust, Ealamanna, The Nilgiris District, Tamil Nadu is a Non Governmental Organization registered under the Indian Trust Act which is engaged in promoting and strengthening livelihood, welfare and development of tribals and rural communities in the Gudalur block of the Nilgiris district since 1988. The NGO is also engaged in promotion of SHGs. It is a partner NGO of Tamil Nadu Women Development Corporation.
23. St Thomas Charitable & Education Trust, Perundurai, Erode district, Tamil Nadu is an NGO established in 1996, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975. It is running Annai Industrial Training Institute at Perundurai since 1997. It has established a residential school for children upto Class 6 supported under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan in the remote forest area inhabited by tribals. It has established “Santhosam”, Family Counselling Centre, a short stay home to provide security to destitute women and a child crae crèche centre. It imparts training in hand emridery, foot mat craft, fabric painting, decorative work, etc. to women under Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana. It conducts workshop on design and technical development, training on tailoring. It has conducted Micro Entreprise Development Programme, Rural Entrepreneurship Development Programme, Skill Development Initiative with assistance from NABARD. It is also engaged in formation of SHGs, and extending handholding support to them.
24. Surya,Kollegal is a NGO registered under Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960. This NGO is based in Chamrajnagar district and has a mandate of promoting organic farming and to provide training to representatives of women SHGs for augmenting their income levels. It has association with Rockfeller foundation, New Delhi which provided them support for training rural youth and SHG women on manufacturing MCR tiles. Till now it has formed 87 SHGs.
25. Sadhna,Chamrajnagar is registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960. Currently, this non-profit organisation is operating in Mysore and Chamrajnagar districts. It is committed to the welfare of people by implementing programmes in child education, vocational training and HIV/AIDS prevention. It is bringing a transformation in the lives of people at grass-root level by creating awareness and promoting community organisation. Till now, it has promoted 148 SHGs.
26. Belgaum Rural Development Society, Belgaum is a registered non-profit organisation based in Belgaum and has mission to uplift the downtrodden communities. The organisation has been conducting programmes in Entrepreneurship development, Drug abuse, Gender Awareness, Craft training, Family planning and Environment protection. It is guiding and training people to organize SHG groups and motivating them to come forward and join the SHG programme. Till now 280 SHGs has been promoted by BRDS.
27. Mahila Abhivrudhi mattu Samrakshana Samsthe, Belgaum is membership association of ex-devadasis of Belagum district. Its mission is to increase self-esteem, develop leadership skills, create awareness and develop local institutions for devdasis. It has formed 180 SHGSs of devdasis and it also provides legal support service in resolving court disputes.
28. Janachetana, Raichur is a registered organisation working in Raichur taluk. It is committed towards eradication of child labour in cotton cultivation sector. It is contributing by providing awareness, rehabilitation, vocational training and community empowerment to community organisations. It has also been working in the area of child trafficking. By the end of 2010 it has been able to promote 428 SHGs in its area of operation.
29. Vishala, Bijapur is a registered society established to uplift social, economic and educational status of the marginalised sections of Bijapur. It is concentrating on building women’s collective so that they can be self-reliant. It is also taking up programmes in protection and management of natural resources. Till now, with the network of government and other development agencies they have formed 207 SHGs.
30. Karmini Grameen Seva Pratisthan, Dharwad is a registered voluntary organisation based in Hubli taluk and is involved in rural development activities from 2002. Its mission involves empowerment of vulnerable and poor people, especially the landless, marginal and small farmers. They are giving priority to women through organising various training and workshops for women SHGs. Presently they have formed 63 SHGs in their area of work.
31. Karnataka Satish Education And Rural Development Society (KSERDS) is a NGO working in Bidar district since 1992, they have nurtured around 122 SHGs in and around Bidar. The NGO is implementing programs like Rain water forest, Aids awareness, Environment Awareness, Women Literacy Programs, Agricultural Camps.
32. Swasam NGO has nurtured around 107 SHG’s since its formation in 2003 . The NGO extends its services in Veppanapalli & Krishnagiri Blocks of Krishnagiri District. It focuses mainly on the betterment of down-trodden, which includes campaign against female infanticide, aids awareness, overall hygiene. They are involved in implementing training programmes like beautician, fashion –jewellery designing and soft toys.
33. Vanasiri Rural Development Society (VRDS) is registered under Karnataka Societies Registration in the year 2004. It is presently working with more than 400 SHG’s. Its vital activities include women empowerment, Organic Farming, Drinking water and Sanitation, Bio-Diversity activities. Its pivotal achievement is to organise Dalit community and protect their rights and it is still in progress
34. Shree Janajagruthi Resource Centre (SJRC) registered in the year 2008 and has its operations in 31 villages of Krishnagiri district. It is presently working with more than 132 SHG’s. It conducts livelihood skill training, legal assistance , health camps to provide awareness about HIV/AIDS, child labours etc. It also provides information on career opportunities to village youth.
35. New Navajyothi Resource Centre (NNRC) registered in the year 2009 operates mainly in Kelamangalam block, Thally block and Hosur block of Krishnagiri District. It has formed around 75 SHGs. NNRC has its focus on agriculture & animal husbandry, health services, child development activities, vocational trainings and legal aid to women.
36. Rural Education And Development Society (READS) registered in the year 1992 under Tamilnadu Society Registration Act 1976, has its operations spread over Chetpet, Pernamallur and Anakavoor Blocks of Thiruvannamalai District. The main concerns of the NGO are implementation of watershed program, day care centres, special schools for disabled. They have formed 843 SHGs and is working to provide credit linkage.
37. Imayam Social Welfare Association (ISWA) is registered as a society and is located in Coimbatore. It has formed around 2001 SHGs since its inception . It is implementing its projects in association with TAI/VHS, Chennai to reduce the spread of STI/HIV/AIDS and increase the quality of around 1500 Female Commercial Sex Workers in the district. They also run crèches and provide nutritious food and regular health checkups. It conducts workshop for spreading information on laws against domestic violence.
38. SPOORTHY (Organization for Education and Social Development) is a NGO registered in 2001, located in Davangere. It has formed 425 SHGs in Haveri, Gadag, Bagalkot and Davangere Districts. It is implementing “Namma Shale” , a multi- disciplinary project which includes activities relating to family, school, Survey, Village information etc. The other projects includes organic farming camps, universal birth registration campaign, child labour eradication and education, empowerment of women through Livelihood Opportunities and Bagarahukam Land issue .
39. Kingsley Community Centre (KCC) is based in Krishnagiri district, Tamilnadu. They are working with 315 SHGs. Its works in Bagur Block consisting of 40 villages. KCC is involved in providing information on health & sanitation, HIV/AIDS awareness, early childhood care and development.
40. Chaithanya Rural Development Society (CRDS) has been registered in 1996 under KSRA 1960 and is based in Shimoga. It has formed around 350 SHGs in and around Shimoga. It has adopted a School in Guruvapura providing free books, uniforms, bicycles and academic support in the form of training. CRDS in association with LIC of India has introduced JEEVAN MADHURA micro insurance policy to provide social security to the drown-trodden. The other programs include Adult Education Programmes, Environment Awareness Programmes, Training in Tailoring & Embroidery, Health programme, etc .
41. Good Shepherd Health Education Centre and Dispensary is a NGO working towards promoting sustainable community, self-managed development of people in need. Established in the year 1977, their main focus is on rural development interventions, with specific emphasis on women and children. The main programmes undertaken are health, education, and housing for the poorest and community self-management. It consists of 345 SHG groups in Coimbatore district.
42. Rhythem Social Service Society For Women (RHYTHEM) is a Society established in the year 2007 functioning in the areas of women empowerment, Child development, Youth rejuvenation, Adolescent girls, Vocational training program, Welfare services and counselling. They have 149 SHGs in total. Its operational areas include Coimbatore, Tirupur, Nilgiris Districts in Tamil Nadu and Palghat district in Kerala
43. SHREE SOOGOORESHWAR SEVA SANGH (SSSS) is a NGO registered in the year 2006 based at Bijapur and is involved in educating people about health and hygiene, training programmes for farmers . Presently they have around 200 SHGs in their area of operation. The key achievement of the organisation is tank rehabilitation in Bijapur with the financial assistance from public contribution.
44. Nonconventional Energy And Development Society (NERDS) is a society registered in the year 1984 under Tamilnadu Societies Registration Act 1975 having around 642 SHG’s. Its achievements includes implementation of Thalingi Biomethanation projects, which is India’s first bio-methanation project. Now the Thalingi tribal area is enjoying the benefits of electricity with biogas based power generation system. NERD has identified Vadavali Water shed program of Coimbatore for disposal and converting solid waste to manure. They have also promoted Eco-Clubs in schools with activities like tree planting, drawing and essay competition with topics like Global Warming, Green House Emission Reduction Strategies, Renewable Energy sources and Plastic Reduction Strategies. They also provide training programmes in food processing, skill training, health and hygiene.
45. Social Educational Development Trust (SEED) registered in 2002 has its operations in Todalbagi to Jamakhandi taluks in Bagalkot District with 200 SHGs. The Trust focuses on HIV/AIDS awareness progamme, mother and child health programme, child labour, income generation programme, legal help.
46. Sarvodaya Maha Sangh (SMSS) Established in the year 2003 has formed around 76 women SHGs. They are involved in implementation of programmes such as supporting people for marketing of mango, Vermi compost, Organic food grains, forestry seedling, grafts, fodder seeds and social programmes such as health and Sanitation, Trainings.
47. Future Greens (FGS) is registered as a society in the year 2010 under KSRA, 1960 . Its major operational area consist of Bagalkot district and is involved in educating people about health, Hygiene, Training programs for farmers, Agriculture and Forestry . It aims at providing single window service i.e providing customized solutions for community groups in specified areas. They have formed around 100 SHGs since inception
48. Samarasa Registered in the year 1999 has its operations in Bidar district. They have formed around 115 SHGs . The major programs of the organisation are in the field of providing clean and hygenic drinking water, quality mid-day meals for children in schools, gender discrimination etc.
49. Sakthi Pengal Munnetra Sangam (SPMS) is a society registered in the year 1992, based in Coimbatore. They have around 543 SHGs in Thiruvannnamalai Dist. The other activities of the organisation include computer training programs, tailoring and craft classes etc.
50. Thenkoodu Community Managed Resource Centre (TCMRC) is a NGO registered in the year 2004 based in Erode, covering T. N.Palayam, Anthiyur, Bargur, Talavadi, Kadambur, Germalam and Arepalayam blocks. TCMRC encourages and helps in economic development, infrastructure development and other aspects of human development such as health & sanitation , education and drinking water supply. The other activities in which the organisation is involved are preserving forests, village eco-system, conservation of soil health and natural resources.
51. Social Centre Of People’s Education Trust (SCOPE) is a Trust registered in the year 1995, based in Tiruvannamalai district of Tamilnadu. It has formed around 300 SHGs. The main project of the organisation is Adivasi Development Intiative which aims at overall development of the Malayali tribe in Jawadhu hill area. The other major project is collecting amla from forest, preparation of products and marketing thereof. SCOPE also works for discriminated, mentally challenged and disabled people by providing special education and basic necessities for them.
52. Formation Education Development Centre for Rural Organisation and Training (FEDCROT) is a society registered under Tamilnadu Societies Act 1975, in the year 1993. The main activities of the organisation are promoting self-help groups among women, youth and farmers. Other activities include training programs in different fields, educational programs etc. It has formed around 625 SHGs in the district of Madurai.
53. Kadayampatty Vattara Pengal Munnetra Nala Sangam (KVPMNS) is a society registered in the year 2002 having its operations in kadayampatty and omalur blocks of salem district. It has formed around 407 SHGs since inception. Other activities of the organisation include training in mat weaving, silk weaving, coir rope making, statue making etc.
54. Organisation for Rural Development (ORD) is a society registered in the year 1996, based in Vellore, has formed around 1349 SHGs since inception. The organisation is involved in other projects like short stay home, old age home, family counselling centre, skill training, service provider for domestic violence etc.
55. B. Agraharam Kurinji Resource Centre Society (BAKRCS) is a society registered in the year 2008, based in Dharmapuri district has its operations in the Pennagaram and Nallampalli blocks. It has formed around 220 SHGs.
56. Kadathur Resource Centre Society (KRCS) is a society registered in the year 2008, based in Dharmapuri district has its operations in kadathur block. It consists of around 221 SHGs.
57. Deepam People’s Society The organization has been working with the grassroots villages for the past 25 years. The organization has taken up the project of Self Help group microfinance to bring in prosperity in the lives of the SC/ST women of Yeracaud.
58. Rural Women Development Federation The organization was registered in the year 1998 at Krishnagiri. It has been functioning in 208 villages in 56 panchayats towards increasing economic position of women by increasing their income earning potential. They have been engaged in SHG formation, Capacity building, Bank linkages and other activities.
59. Vedaranyam Muthiyor Nala Iyakkam It is registered as a volunteer organization working for the cause and care of the elderly community since 2007. This organization emerged during the Tsumami devastation to help the elderly. The organization now works for livelihood promotion in 19 villages in Vedaranyam, Nagapattinam.
60. Sudar Oli Muthiyar Nala Iyakkam It is registered as a volunteer organization working for the cause and care of the elderly community since 2007.The organization is working in 15 villages in the Nagapattinam district.
61. Cuddalore Muthiyor Nala Iyakkam It is registered as a volunteer organization working for the cause and care of the elderly community since 2007. The organization is working in 27 villages in the cuddalore district
62. Institute of Social Services The organization has been actively working in the Indi taluk since 1998, for the empowerment of women. This has been achieved through the Self Help group approach.
63. Udhagamandalam Social Service Society USSS is a voluntary oprganization established is 1962 by the Diocese of Ootacamund. The organization works in the districts of Erode and Nilgiris.
64. Orvakal Mandala Podupulaxmi Ikya Sangham The organization has been functioning in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh.They have been involved in empowering women by forming SHG’s. They are functioning in 27 villages and have formed 828 groups.
65. Trust in Area of Social Activities TASA has been working in Vellore district since its inception in 1991. It has formed more than 2500 Self Help Groups among them 60 percent of the groups and members are belongs to the SC / ST and other deprived communities.
66. The Kishkinda Trust The organization was formed in the year 1997. They provide assistance to the villagers of Anegundi at grassroot level to build capacity in order to maintain business incubators and to conserve their historical heritage.
67. Department of Extension Education, Service and Research (DEEDS) is a society based in Vellore having operations in five blocks i.e. Tirupattur, Jolarpettai, Kandili, Natrampalli and Alangayam.The major activities conducted by the society are family counselling, crèche centres, skill trainings, entrepreneur guidance etc.
68. People’s Multipurpose Development Society (PMDS) is a society based in Vellore district of Tamil Nadu state having its operations in kanai and china salem blocks. The main activities taken up by the society are Sanitation and construction of individual toilets, construction of rural school building, day care centres for aged, medical camps, skill trainings etc.
69. Krupalaya is a Trust having its operations in Villupuram district of Tamil Nadu state. It is a 7 year old organisation with its focus on women empowerment. The major activities undertaken by the Trust are skill training, counselling, health related programs, school dropouts program etc.
70. Yuvaparivarthan is a Trust having its operations in Coonoor, Ooty and Kotagiri blocks of Nilgiris district for past 17 years. The major activities of the Trust are conducting Health camps, literacy and vocational trainings, hygiene trainings in the community for women etc.
71. SachetanaNaisargikaSampanmulagalaAbhivruddhiSamsthe (SNSAS) is a society having its operations in Gadag district of Karnataka state. The activities the society is involved in are farmers training centres, rain water harvesting, marketing of forestry seedlings, vermicomposting, cattle breeding centres, health and sanitation programs etc.
72. Association for Rural Development (ARD) is a Society conducting various activities in Madurai district for past 27 years. The main focus of the society is eradication of female infanticides. The other activities of the organisation involve skill trainings, medical camps,eveningtutions for dropouts, community based care and support for people affaected with HIV, pre school education, watershed programs etc.
73. Rural Education and Development Society (REDS) is an NGO started in the year 1998 is working in the blocks of Namakkal and Erumpatty blocks of Namakkal district in Tamil Nadu. Although the organization focusses on various developmental issues covering different target groups the main focus has been socio-economic empowerment and overall development of women. At present the organization is working with 599 SHG’s covering 7794 members. It has been facilitating the service of micro credit with the help of RMK New Delhi, HDFC Bank other institutions like MahallirThittam,TAHDCO,TAMCO etc.
74. NisargaSampanmula Kendra (NSKA) The organization was started in the year 2008, is working in Ankola and KumatTaluk of Ankola in Uttara Kannada District. The main focus of the organization is empowerment of women through micro credit activities. The organization has promoted 212 groups so far.
75. Social Service for Educational and Environment Development Trust (SSEED) The organization was started in the year 2003. It is working in Madurai East, Melur Blocks and 6 wards of Madurai Corporation. The organization focusses on socio-economic development of small and marginal farmers in rain fed areas. They have promoted 724 women groups, these groups have been strengthened by the capacity building activities of the organization. It has been functioning with the support of NABARD, MahalirThittam and Govt of Tamil Nadu.
76. Annapoorna Women Welfare Mutually Aided Co-op Thrift Society Ltd. (AWWMACS) The co-operative society was formed in 1995. It was promoted by an NGO, CORE. This co-operative society is functioning in KuppamMandal of Chittoor District in Andhra Pradesh. The MACS has been linked with the village level SHG’s, by enrolling members through only SHG’s. The co-operative society currently has 115 SHG’s covering 1185 members.
77. IMAYAM THAGAVAL MATRUM SEVAI MAIYAM (IMAYAM) is a society which is operational in Niligirs district of Tamil Nadu state. IMAYAM works in ooty and Connor blocks of Niligirs. Major projects of IMAYAM are SHG Forming, monitoring and skill development programs in tailoring and knitting.
78. NavodayaSampanmula Kendra (NSKK) NavodayaSampanmula Kendra as business correspondent is society which is operational in Karwar district of Karnataka state. Major projects of NavodayaSampanmula Kendra are SHG formation, promotion. They are also engaged in watershed projects. They have community based programs like providing assistance in availing govt. schemes, insurance facilitiesto the community etc.
79. Ashwini GrmeenaAbhivriddhiSamsthe, Bijapur is a NGO registered in Mudhol (Bagalkote) under society act. It started in 1998. NGO is involved in many projects like Formation and capacity building of village level institutions like SHG, farmers club, and transfer the suitable technologies for the farming community, Organizing farmers groups and promoting organic and sustainable agriculture practices, certification of organic farmers produce and creating better marketing network for organic produce ,EDP, IGP programmes ,Entrepreneurship development trainings and they are implementing these in Bijapur and Bagalkote district.
80. Rural Social Welfare Society (RSWS) Is a society based in ThirvanamallaiDistrict. It was formed on 01/12/1983. The activities would be confined to the territory of INDIA. The main activities taken up by the society are giving opportunities for the Youth to acquire a correct understanding of socio-economic, educate the dropouts and illiterates, and integrate the disabled poor and to help them to become respected citizen, to form Women SHGS & Federations, to promote social forestry, agro-forestry and preservation of environment and ecology. The Society has promoted 1972 SHGs in Polur, KalasapakkamTaluk and sorrounding areas.
81. Rural Education and action for Liberation (REAL) Is an Organisation registered under Tamilnadu Society Act.1975 and was started in the year 1989 having its Regd Address. Ennayiram, Periyathachur, Villupuram District.REAL activities includes adult and non-formal literacy, Primary health care, economic sustainability and vocational skill development. REAL were the first to form women sangha in its area of Operation during 1991. They have also worked in housing Projects of Tsunami affected region of Cuddalore. The Organisation has promoted with 648 SHGs in Kattumannarkoil and Srimushnam.
82. Social Economic and Environment Development (SEEDS): It is a legal body, Registered under societies Registration Act-1975. It is an affiliated NGO with Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women (TNCDW)-MahilarThittam. SEEDS-NGO has been functioning for uplifting the downtrodden people since last 10years. This NGO has been working in 178 villages in Nallampalli, Dharmapuri and Pappiraddipatty Blocks in Dharmapuri Dist. The main Vision is to contribute towards Poverty reduction and Improvement in Quality life through creation of Sustainable Livelihood with Better Health and Rural Infrastructure. The Society has promoted with 1162 SHGs in Nallampalli, Pappireddipatti and Dharmapuriblocks of Dharmapuri Dist.
83. Centre for Education and Empowerment of the Marginalised (CEEMA): It was registered on 23rd Nov 2004. It is a social wing of the Catholic Diocese of Coimbatore and has the mandate to serve the marginalized sections of the people living in the Districts Of Erode,Karur and Tirupur which forms part of the Diocese of Coimbatore. It has its head office at ERODE. Its mission is to capacitate the vulnerable and marginalized communities to attain holistic human development, to promote the natural resources and to protect the environment, by their participation and involvement in the process of animation, empowerment, lobbying and advocacy. Its activities are Women Development; People centred Micro Credit Programme, National Child Labour Programme, Children sponsorship programmes, Support to Srilankan refugee camps, Emergency relief and Rehabilitation, Women and child Development programme, Care and support to HIV/AIDS infected/affected among Migratory Communities, Health related programme with a focus on Adolescent girls. The Society has promoted 2400 SHGs.
84. Society For People Education And Economic Development(SPEED): It was found and registered in the year 1994 under Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 1975. It has been continuously working for the welfare of the weaker sections of the society regardless of caste,creed,race,religion etc., Its activities are Construction of Field Bunds, Construction of Farm Pond, Channel draining, Construction of Gabion Check Weir and Plantation. The Society has promoted of 571 SHGs in Kurinjipadi, Bhuvanagiri and Chidambaram Taluk.
85. Rural Education and Environment Development Service(REEDS): It is a Society based in Erode. It was formed on 8thAug 1994. Its main activities are to serve the rural poor and the marginalised through various rural development projects in the most backward rural areas of Tamil Nadu with specific focus on Dalit and Tribal Communities. Its main Activities are Running Special School for the mentally challenged children for both boys and girls, running home for the poor and orphaned Children/rescued child labourers/street children etc., Having Rural community college in collaborations with industries/institutions. The Society has promoted 923 SHGs in Palani, Kodiakanal, Dharamapuram and surrounding areas.
86. Sahyadri Community Development and Women Empowerment Society(SCODWES): It is registered Organization under Societies Registration Act 1960. There Central office is situated at Sirsi, Uttara Kannada. It is working in the rural and urban areas on the issues like Women empowerment through SHGs, Gender issues, legal literacy, personal hygiene, Linkages and convergent programs, Health and sanitation awareness, Forest and biodiversity conservation, Watershed development, Organic farming, SuvarnaGramaYojane, Solid waste management etc in co-ordination with community, Government and local institutuions. The Society is promoted 343 numbers of SHG in Sirsi, Siddapur, Mundgod, Dandeli, Soraba and sourrounding areas.
87. AshrayaSevabhaviSociety (ASBS): It is registered on 19th Jan 1999 in Amravati. In view of social development, the society set target to guide and educate the community who is socially deprived of their fundamental rights. They have implemented various programmes for which they have preferred rural and tribal area especially in Morshiand Teosa Tehsil. The Society has promoted 1210 SHGs in Amravati’s Morshi, Varud, Achalpur, Chanur Bazar and Dharni Blocks.
88. SanghamithraMahila Mutual Aided co-operative society Limited(SMACS): It is registered on 10th Sep 2001 in Punganur,Chittor district. A.P. The main objective of the society is to provide health assistance and training on various aspects to SHGs to strengthen them. The Society has promoted 61 SHGs in K KPalyam, NagariVeedhi, KummariVeedhi and surrounding areas.
89. Trust for Social Justice ShanthiNilayam(TSJSN): The Organisation was registered under the Indian Trust Act on the 5th Nov 1990. The Organisation is working for the underprivileged weaker sections of the society in the form of community interventions in 10 slums and 60villages in VillupuramTaluk. Its activities includes Identification and Rehabilitation of the run-away Children, Non Formal Techincal Training Centre for School dropouts and child labours, Women Organization for the poor women, Income generation programme for women through micro credit finance, Child development Campaign and awareness against child labour and women issues. The Trust has promoted more than 500 SHG'S in Vickravandi, Kandamangalam, Kanai, T.V.Nallur Blocks and Villupuram Municipalities of Villupuram District.
90. Snekithi Charitable Trust(SCT): It is a charitable trust registered under the Indian Trust Act 1882 on 25th March 1998. The socio-economic development activities are being initiated by SNEKITHI since its inception in 45 remote and under developed villages geographically located inKarur, Sivagangai, Tribal areas at Namakkal and Salem District in the State of Tamilnadu. The trust has implemented community based rehabilitation and disabled economic development programme, income generation programme for vulnerable women, health programme, students programme, environment programme, etc, They have been involving in sustainable women empowerment through their own resources. The Trust has promoted 264 SHGs in KulithalaiTaluk andsourrounding areas of Karur district.
91. PrajaPragati Trust (PPT): It is registered under the Indian Trust Act 1882 on 15thApril 1983, ChittorDist A.P., Its activities are to formulate projects and initiate the programs of action prioritizing education,health and child malnourishment. Undertaking various wholesome development activities like conducting trainings, establishing child education centres, orientations and awareness campaigns on child empowerment are few other activities the Trust is involved in. It also emphasizes on Humanistic and Natural Resource Management with Gender sensitivity. The Trust has promoted 46 SHGs in Bathinaya andChamalagunta areas of Chittor district.
92. GunduUppalavadiPanchayat Level Federation(GUPLF): It is formed on 20th Sep 2008 in Cuddalore District. The aim and Objects of the Society are to empower the rural women, to promote savings by inculcating the habit of Thrift, to facilitate SHGs members toinitiate and undertake new income generation activities and strengthening their existing activities by arranging skill trainings, providing raw materials and technology and marketing support etc., The Society has promoted 130 SHG's
93. Alapakkam Panchayath Level Federation(APLF): It is a Society based in Villupuram district. It was formed on 23rd Dec 2009. The main objective is to develop a self-sustained society which will help Panchayat women, economically backward people and also physically handicapped People. These people will be identified and elevated through Society. The Society has promoted 27 SHG'S in AllapakkamPanchayath in Villupuram District
94. PerunthottamPanchayath Level Federation(PPLF): The Society was formed on 26th March 2010 in Nagapattinam. The main Objective is to give effective training and usage of Natural Resources and utilise for optimally and achieve through minimum expenditure. This will help to increase the deposits. The Society has promoted more than 500 SHG in PerunthottamPanchanyath in and sorrounding areas in Nagapattinam districts
95. Society for Peoples Action for change and Education (SPACE): The society was formed on 15th March 1980 in Dindigul district of Tamilnadu. Its activities are to provide material and technical services to the needy in agriculture and other development aspects on an integrated basis. To bring under cultivation the agricultural lands that lie fallow in this project area inorder to maintain self-sufficiency and provide employment to the weaker sections. The Society has promoted so far 357 SHG's in Sanarpatty and Kodaikanal Blocks of Dindigul Districts
96. Salem District Farmers Club Federation ( SDFCF ): The society was formed on 15th Jan 2012 in Salem. Its main objectives is to serve for welfare of the federation members, to create awareness among the farmers at village level, develop micro entrepreneurs and downtrodden, organise and form the landed into Agro Action Groups (AAGs), to promote “Agro Clinic Centre” through which the member farmers can avail the farm inputs like organic manure, seeds and pesticides etc. at a nominal cost. The Society has promoted 210 SHGs inNangavalli, Mecheri, Kolathur, Edappadi, Sankagiri and Tharamangalam Blocks.
97. Don Bosco Social Service Society(DBSSS): It is a Child Rights organization started by Salesians of Don Bosco in 1985 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It’s a globally well networked organization which serves the young at risk, drawing inspiration from Don Bosco, a Catholic priest from Italy. It offers Residential Care for street and working children and family base care for vulnerable children in the slums and pavements. It is registered under Tamil Nadu societies Registration act of 1975. Its Main aim is to protect the rights of children who are on the streets, Reuniting the street children with their families, providing food,shelter and security for the children at risk, establish a network among NGOs and civil society, Building up children parliament, youth movements, women movements among slum dwellers to prevent the violations of human rights. The Organisation has promoted 572 SHGs.
98. Don Bosco Beatitudes Social Welfare Centre (BSWC): Itwas started on 2nd Feb 1965. Its main objectives are to implement and assist in implementing development programmes with special reference to MadharSangams, Skill development and cottage industries. Assisting the groups, to help the marginalized to understand the cause of their marginalization and create conditions for improving the quality of theirlife.The Institution has promoted 822 SHG’S.
99. GramjyotSamajseviSanstha (GSS): G.S.S. came into existence in 1997 to address the key issues of Livelihood, Health and Education, which are greatly interlinked. The strength of the organisation lies in deep grassroots level presence and the range of interventions with different disadvantaged groups like women, farmers, landless labours, tribal, youth and Dalit’s and PRI. The operational areas of GSS are in Kalamb, Ralegoan and Wani Blocks of Yavatmal district. The villages identified for the implementation of the programme fall under the 140 scheduled area created by the constitution of India. Their main focus is to capacitate the Panchayatraj institution and community based organization for sustainable development by managing the local resources. They enhance the management skill of these institutions. The Society has promoted 202 SHG’S in 17 villages of –Kalamb and Yavatmal district.
100. DnyandeepMahilaVaGraminVikasSanstha (DMGVS) It was established in 2002. The primary focus of the organisation is the development of the rural and tribal women by providing them social, environmental and economic support. The organisation initiated solving the problems which are obstacle in women development;the women are brought in the concept of establishing SHG for getting financial independenceto solve their social problems. The Organisation has promoted 806 SHGs so far.
101. MalligeSamudayaNirvahithaSampanmoolaSamste( MSNSS): The Mallige Community Managed Resource centre was started on 20th June 2009Hagaribommanahalli Village/ Taluk, Bellary District, Karnataka. The same has been registered under Society Act of 1960 at Bellary. Last 3 years it is working in 25 villages and has promoted 70 SHGs. The society has implemented the programmes like Health awareness, Organic farming, Skill Trainings, Watershed Activities, Capacity building training of SHGs with the coordination and support from Myrada Bellary Project and other develop institution.
102. Tungabhadra SamudayaNirvahitaSampanmoolaSasmte( TSNSS): The Tungabhadra Community Managed Resources centre was started on 22nd June 2006 at Mariyammanahalli Village, HospetTaluk, Bellary District, Karnataka. The Organization is registered under society Act of 1960 at Bellary. The CMRC is working with the local level institutions like Self Help Affinity Groups, farmers groups and others in 25 villages. There are 85 SHGs ( including 3 Men Groups). The main aim is to support the SHGs and other local level institutions with necessary inputs like linkages, capacity building, and facilitation for routine SHGs related works. The Organisation has promoted 76 SHGs so far.
103. Society of Noble Oath and Welfare (SNOW): It is registered society under Society Registration Act XXI of 1860 & Foreign Contribution Act, 1976 in 1999 at Tirupathi, Andhra Pradesh.Organization basis theme is to promote rural health, supplementary education, alternative livelihood, chemical free farming, thrift movement and enterprises with special focus on women in rural areas. It is one of the women headed NGO & works with 288 SHGs.
104. ManodaySamajKalyanSantha (MSKS): It is registered society under Society Act 1860 & BPT Act 1950 in 2001 at Akola. Its works from Kamargaon, a village in Karanja block of Washim district in Maharashtra. Organization works with most ignored, socially and economically oppressed communities to achieve the sustainable development with special importance to women empowerment. Organization equally put efforts to solve issues related to Health, Education, Livelihood, Agriculture and strengthening of Good Governance in rural area. Manodaya supports 60 SHG and active in forming JLG in Washim district.
105. Community Action for Rural Development Society (CARD): It is registered society under Society Registration Act, 1860, Public Trust Act 1950 & Foreign Contribution Act, 1976 in Amravati, Maharashtra. Organization works to achieve its vision of sustainable development of rural and tribal areas and has implemented projects like Advance Knowledge and Rural Technology Implementation, Biogas Plants, Organic Carbon Soil Testing, Tissue Culture Laboratory at Grass Route Level & Foldable Solar Dryer. It works with 68 women SHGs, 29 male SHGs, 134 JLGs & 1 PC.
106. Tribal & Rural Development Organization (TRDO): It is registered Society under Society Registration Act in Feb. 2000 at Mysore, Karnataka. TRDO is a voluntary organization formed to dedicate its service for the needy people who are inhabitant of Rural and Tribal area. Organization has been successfully running various projects like Watershed Development Project, Home Hygiene, Sanitation & Water Safety Programme, Vermicomposting, Integrated Waste Land Development Programme etc.It is actively working with 113 SHGs.
107. A.H.M Trust: AHM Trust is registered under Indian Trust Act, 1882 on 3rd Feb, 1994 at Bodinayakanur, Theni, Tamilnadu. It is also registered under FCRA, 1976. It functions with the objective of providing medical care, promoting community health, women empowerment, child protection & welfare and vocational training since 1994. Organization is actively working with over 550 SHGs in its target area.